CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 1, 2009












Just a quick update of today's events. :)

There is an absolutely wonderful couple, Titus and Neewa, who are house parents here at one of the homes. They have two little boys of their own and there are 21 girls who live at their property. After arriving here, we quickly saw that this couple didn't have a bed. So, being that it is our last day here in Thailand, Barbara spent the day shopping for a new mattress and beautiful bedding to surprise them with. It was so fun seeing their faces when they realized these things were for them! It was so great to see this couple, who sacrifices so much, feel blessed themselves.

While she was out shopping, this same couple took a couple of us up to visit one of the hill tribes, the Lahu people. For the last seven years, every Sunday Titus has gone up to preach and evangelize to these people who live in utter poverty. Three years ago, the first family in the village committed their lives to Christ. Today there are four families who are believers. Today I got the privilege to sit in one of their homes. I asked them what has changed the most for them since they came to know Jesus. The man's answer was "We no longer live in fear. We are not scared of evil spirits in the jungle." I was able to witness, on their faces, the freedom these people have experienced since Jesus broke them free from the bondage of fear. Also, to give you an idea of how poor these people are, I was able to purchase a couple of purses from them before I left that I could take home. I was told that the few purses was equivalent to about 2 months salary for them. If I had longer I would definitely want to go back to spend more time with them.

Tonight we are going to go have our last dinner in Thailand with all of the girls at their home. And I will do one last check for lice....this has been quite the ordeal! There will be a mixture of emotions when we leave, I am sure. Both Barbara and I will be eager to return, to love on them again. Tomorrow we leave for Cambodia where we will meet Nhu, and work at the salon with her. There may be limited internet access in Cambodia, but we will definitely try when we are able. But, for today, we are thankful to be with our new friends for the time that remains....

5 comments:

The Elliotts said...

I am SO loving your blog, my friend! Every entry is a blessing to read. You are in my prayers every day, and I pray you'll have a safe trip to Cambodia as well!

Anonymous said...

Megan forwarded your blog and I am so thrilled to receive it and hear about your trip.

I continue to pray for you every day. Not just that you will be a blessing to others but that the Lord will bless you in ways you can't even imagine. I know He has a wonderful plan for your life and this is just one more step in the adventure. As you have been faithful, he will grant you the desires of your heart.

God Bless You and remember, you are loved in Portland!

Becky Elliott

deeanna morse said...

I just can't believe how much you guys have already done, and still more to come. I am really thinking about all that you are experiencing and am in awe, Emanuel....He moves! Love, Deeanna

Unknown said...

Barb and Julie,
You are both on my mind and in my prayers continually. What a wonderful privelege to
serve these precious people.
I'm so grateful you are able to send us your story as you go. Your pictures are great.
Thank you so very much.
God's Blessings and protection to you both.
I've been praying Psm.18:32 for you.
He fills me with strength and protects me where ever I go. He gives me the surefootedness of a mountain goat upon the craigs.
HE leads me to safety along the cliffs.

Also Eph3:20
Who by His mighty power at work with in us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or dream of- infinitely beyond our highest prayers, thoughts , or hopes.

For these things as am always in prayer.
Let us know of any other ways we can hold you up.

Much Love,
Mike and Margie

Jeanette said...

Barbara and Julie,
I was so pleased to get this blog address from Steve on Sunday. You have both been in my prayers and I am thrilled to see God blessing you as you are a blessing to these sweet people. Safe travels to Cambodia - PTL for his mighty power and goodness in your life and the lives of those you touch! Jeanette Waterman